(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Deborah B. Penrose, D.O.
- Occupation: Physician
- Rotocare volunteer physician for 22yrs
- VISTA volunteer
- member of IOOF, helping the needy
- Owner photography Gallery Donator to Doctor Without Borders
- Transparent Council using Local Talent instead of outsourcing
- City to hold liability for sidewalk and infrstructure repair
- Obtain bonds to pay for our new Library
- Occupation: Legislative Analyst/Grants Mgr.
- Currently employed at State Coastal Conservancy
- Half Moon Bay City Councilmember 1991-2003
- Two terms Mayor
- Alternate Coastal Commissioner 2000-2005
- MA Journalism University of Missouri-Columbia
- BA History, University of Rochester
- Take back sidewalk liability from homeowners and develop a sensible plan to address maintenance needs of City public works.
- Implement business friendly policies that preserve Main Street.
- Update the City's growth blueprint to allow for affordable housing and open space protection.
- Occupation: Incumbent
- City Council 2009 - Present; Mayor 2013
- Friends of the Half Moon Bay Library
- Co-Founder HMB Latino Advisory Council
- Board of Trustees - Sea Crest School
- Marketing & Strategy leader at Silicon Valley Start-Up
- MBA, Dartmouth College
- Build long-term financial stability to enable the City's turn-around to continue
- Complete important community projects currently underway (new library, Mac Dutra park renovations, dog park improvements, new skate park, etc.)
- Build a greater sense of community and inclusion among all residents
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Graduate St. Cloud University 1967
- US Army Captain 1968 - 1970
- UPS Industrial Engineer - Retired 2001
- HMB Planning Commission - 8 Years
- HMB City Council 2009-Present
- Married - Anong -- Sons - Michael & Mark
David C. Eblovi
- Keep HMB United Not Divided
- Ensure Our City Budget Balanced Every Year
- Build New Library / Improve Smith Field / New Skate Park
- Occupation: Information Technology Consultant
- Straightening out the City's Financials
- Ending the Consultant culture of the City that is costing us more than $10 Million per year.
- Ending the Culture of Corruption and Cronyism in the City
- Occupation: Retired Teacher
- environmental consultant
- Master's in Public Administration with emphasis in Finance
- Find a solution to the Main Street bridge problem
- Pursue the use of wastewater for irrigation projects.
- Fix an maintain all city parks and ball fields.
- Occupation: Director, Coastside Fire Protection District
- 17 year resident of Half Moon Bay
- Long scientific career at SLAC National Accelerator Lab
- PhD in physics 1983
- Officer in Sandy Cove Homeowners Association
- Volunteer Tax-Aide with AARP
- Member of Community Emergency Response Team
- Why I decided to withdraw and whom to vote for now
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Candidate Forum
Wednesday, October 8th
- 7 pm
- Ted Adcock Community Center,
535 Kelly Ave., HMB
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.