(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: United States Representative
- Member of House Appropriations Committee
- Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration
- Subcommittee on Military Construction and Veterans Affairs
- Subcommittee-Homeland Security
- Co-Chair, House Oceans Caucus
- Co-Chair, Travel and Tourism Caucus
- Environmental Preservation and Protection
- Economic Revitalization
(This candidate has not provided any information to Smart Voter)
Mary V. Larkin
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Resort Sales Manager
- Bachelor's degree in Biology
- Bachelor's degree in Theater Arts
- Dismantle the Health Care Bill and Cap & Trade bills if passed
- Reduce the size & power of government to end corruption & cronyism
- Reduce and simplify taxes and restore freedom
- Party: Green
- Occupation: Commission Member/Promoter
- AA, Journalism, Canada College, Redwood City
- BA, History, College of Notre Dame, Belmont
- Attended San Jose State University (Mass Communications)
- Attended University of Maryland (various)
- Attended San Jose City College (labor law)
- Honorable Discharge, United States Army
Ronald Paul Kabat
- End the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan
- Increase and enhance social democracy
- More effective representation in Congress
- Occupation: Certified Public Accountant
- B.S. in Commerce - DePaul University
- Master of .Science in Taxation - Golden Gate University
- U.S. Army (1970-1973) Vietnam Veteran (1972-73)
- Former Carmel Harrison Library Trustee
- C.P.A. License (California and Illinois)
- Tea Party Member Since 2009
- Prioritize national debt issues and employ available controls
- Prioritize tax and economic policy to help create private sector jobs.
- Prioritize education system to strengthen our Nation's future.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of California has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
5 questions on Economy, Federal Budget, Energy, Health Care, and Campaign Financing.
U.S. House of Representatives
Campaign Finance Data
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the line(s) for US House 17. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
- Key Votes in Congress
- Enter your zip and see how your Congressional Representative voted on many key issues
News and Analysis
- Monday, September 27, 2010
- Tuesday, August 31, 2010. There will be a forum starting with a continental breakfast at 8 a.m. There will be a question and answer time following the forum. It is sponsored by the Monterey Commercial Property Owners Association and will be held at the Portola Plaza in Monterey.
Monterey County Herald
- See the candidates, issues, and results from previous elections:
3/2/04, 11/5/02, 11/7/00, 3/7/00,
- All links open in new window
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.