(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Small Business Owner
- MBA from Santa Clara University
- Chair-Salinas Planning Commission
- Trustee-Natividad Medical Foundation
- President Monterey County Young Professional Group
- Founder-Central Coast Young Farmers & Ranchers
- Greater City Safety through Neighborhood Watches
- Creating a Business Friendly City
- Streamline City Departments to control Spending
- Occupation: Retired Police Detective
- California Rodeo volunteer, parking, security
- Central Coast Federal Credit Union Board Member
- California International Airshow, Director of Security
- Tappin' Dads Founding Member
Janet V. Barnes
- Reduction in crime
- Rebuilding trust in City Hall
- Business growth
- Occupation: City Councilmember/Teacher
- Mother of two grown children; four grandchildren
- Lifelong Salinas Resident
- Sixth Grade Teacher/Mission Park School
- Former Hartnell College Instructor
- Graduate Leadership Salinas
- B.A. Liberal Studies San Jose State University/ MPP, Master in Public Policy, CSUMB/Leon & Sylvia Panetta Insititute of Public Policy, 2006
Joel R Panzer
- creating jobs with economic incentives for business
- reducing violence through a strong, well-equipped public safety coalition
- protecting the community through prevention, intervention, and community engagement
- Occupation: Salinas Small Business Owner
- M.A. California State University, Chico
- Founder/Owner Carmel Valley Seed Co.
- Founder, Past President, Cachagua Community Center, Inc.
- Founder, Past Board Member, Rancho San Carlos Volunteer Firefighters, Inc.
- Past President, Carmel Preservation Foundation
- Past Board Member, CHISPA
- Downtown Revitalization
- Increased youth programs to combat gang involvement
- reduction of public safety overtime by adding more police staff
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- Listen to the candidate's forum, mentioned below at 1460 AM radio, KION at 6 p.m. on Monday, October 18, 2010.
- Sunday, October 17, 2010 at the First United Methodist Church of Salinas at 404 Lincoln Avenue. Please use the entrance on San Luis Street. All candidates have been invited for this forum which will last two hours which starts at 2 p.m. The forum is moderated by the League of Women Voteres of the Salinas Valley.
Monterey County Weekly
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.