(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
(33.21%) in Los Angeles County
(25.28%) in Ventura County
- Occupation: Community Leader/Parent
- President PFC/PFA at elementary, middle and high school levels
- Partnered with teachers, principals and superintendent on budgeting, curriculum and fundraising
- Leadership roles in numerous district and community committees
- Student Success Task Force - Improved the use of assessments for increased student achievement grades K - 12 district wide
- Budget experience at the school site, PFA/PFC and district levels
- Technology - part of the team that developed and brought new websites to all of the schools district wide
F. Gordon "Gordon" Whitehead
- Maintain academic excellence in this tine of budget cuts by protecting programs that are fundamental to the success of our students
- Preserve class size reduction and keep art, music and theater vital parts of the curriculum
- Advance the use of technology district wide through Measure G to keep our schools and students at the cutting edge of academic developments
(27.21%) in Los Angeles County
(26.42%) in Ventura County
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Certified Public Accountant
- Vice President LVUSD Board of Ed
Dave S. Moorman
- Maximize effectiveness of funding
- New ideas for student growth and development
- Expand use of technology for students and staff
(26.27%) in Los Angeles County
(21.51%) in Ventura County
- Occupation: Business Owner
- President, Governing Board, Las Virgenes Unified School District
- President, Sumac Elementary School PFA
- Secretary, Las Virgenes Educational Foundation
- Board Member, Las Virgenes Future Foundation
- Bachelor's Degree - Business Administration (Mgmt)
Diane Jean Combes
- Work to integrate the use of technology tools for more effective learning, teaching, administration, collaboration, and communication.
- Continue to increase opportunities for students despite budget restrictions.
- Develop and deploy tools to ensure that students of all types are maintaining forward progress.
(13.31%) in Los Angeles County
(26.79%) in Ventura County
- Occupation: Business Broker
- Former Special Education Teacher
- Site Council Secretary
- PFC Executive Board Vice President
- Former VP The Disney Stores
- Former VP The Limited Brands, Inc
- BA Education BGSU Ohio
- Continue to support the development of quality Special Education programs.
- Continue to seek and fund proven ways to enhance learning experiences that promote academic excellence.
- Support further implementation and expansion of the use of technology in the classroom and tools that provide learning capabilities and efficiencies.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Las Virgenes Unified School District
- Thursday October 22
time: 6:30 pm
place: LVUSD District Office Board Room,
4111 N. Las Virgenes Rd, Calabasas
co-sponsors: Westlake Revelations;
League of Women Voters of Los Angeles
video: City of Calabasas (watch)
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.