- Proposition 1A
Safe, Reliable High-Speed Passenger Train
52.5% Yes votes ......
47.5% No votes
- To provide Californians a safe, convenient, affordable, and reliable alternative to driving and high gas prices; to provide good-paying jobs and improve California's economy while reducing air pollution, global warming greenhouse gases, and our dependence on foreign oil, shall $9.95 billion in bonds be issued to establish a clean, efficient high-speed train service linking Southern California, the Sacramento/San Joaquin Valley, and the San Francisco Bay Area, with at least 90 percent of bond funds spent for specific projects, with federal and private matching funds required, all bond funds subject to an independent audit?
- Proposition 2
Standards for Confining Farm Animals
63.4% Yes votes ......
36.6% No votes
- Shall certain farm animals be allowed, for the majority of every day, to fully extend their limbs or wings, lie down, stand up and turn around?
- Proposition 3
Children's Hospital Bond Act. Grant Program
55.1% Yes votes ......
44.9% No votes
- Shall $980,000,000 in general obligation bonds be authorized for construction, expansion, remodeling, renovation, furnishing and equipping of eligible children's hospitals?
- Proposition 4
Waiting Period and Parental Notification Before Termination of Minor's Pregnancy
48.0% Yes votes ......
52.0% No votes
- Shall the California Constitution be changed to prohibit abortion for an unemancipated minor until 48 hours after physician notifies minor's parent, legal guardian, or, in limited cases, substitute adult relative?
- Proposition 5
Nonviolent Drug Offenses, Sentencing, Parole and Rehabilitation
40.4% Yes votes ......
59.6% No votes
- Shall $460,000,000 be allocated annually to improve and expand treatment programs?
- Proposition 6
Police and Law Enforcement Funding. Criminal Penalties and Laws
30.8% Yes votes ......
69.2% No votes
- Shall of minimum of $965,000,000 of state funding be required each year for police and local law enforcement?
- Proposition 7
Renewable Energy Generation
35.4% Yes votes ......
64.6% No votes
- Shall government-owned utilities be required to generate 20% of their electricity from renewable energy by 2010, a standard currently applicable to private electrical corporations? Shall all utilities be required to generate 40% by 2020 and 50% by 2025?
- Proposition 8
Eliminates Right of Same-Sex Couples to Marry
52.3% Yes votes ......
47.7% No votes
- Shall the California Constitution be changed to eliminate the right of same-sex couples to marry providing that only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California?
- Proposition 9
Criminal Justice System. Victims' Rights. Parole
53.8% Yes votes ......
46.2% No votes
- Shall notification to victim and opportunity for input during phases of criminal justice process, including bail, pleas, sentencing and parole be required? Shall victim safety be a consideration for bail or parole?
- Proposition 10
Alternative Fuel Vehicles and Renewable Energy. Bonds
40.5% Yes votes ......
59.5% No votes
- Shall $5 billion in bonds paid from state's General Fund be authorized to help consumers and others purchase certain vehicles, and to help research in renewable energy and alternative fuel vehicles?
- Proposition 11
50.8% Yes votes ......
49.2% No votes
- Shall the authority for establishing state office boundaries be changed from elected representatives to a commission comprised of Democrats, Republicans, and representatives of neither party selected from the registered voter pool in a multilevel process?
- Proposition 12
Veteran's Bond Act of 2008
63.5% Yes votes ......
36.5% No votes
- Shall a nine hundred million dollar ($900,000,000) bond be issued to provide farm and home aid for California veterans?