(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Member, State Board of Equalization - District 2
- Member, California State Assembly - 1978-1988; 1996-2002
- Member, California State Senate - 1988-1996
- Government to hold taxpayers innocent until proven guilty.
- At a minimum, taxpayers must be guaranteed the basic protection of guilty "beyond a reasonable doubt!"
- Hold tax collectors accountable.
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Supervising Investigator, Board of Equalization
- Criminal Investigator for the Board of Equalization for 6 years.
- Currently an Elected Council Member for the City of Galt.
- POST Certified Speciality in Financial Crimes Investigations from the Robert Presley Institute of Criminal Investigation.
- Granted Limited Peace Officer Status for the Board of Equalization Investigations Division.
- More than 14 years of experience working at the Board of Equalization.
- Bachelor of Science Degree with a speciality in Marketing.
Richard R. "Rick" Perry
- Streamline the agency departments at the Board of Equalization to improve agency operations and increase efficiency.
- Enhance revenue collections at the Board of Equalization. Billions of dollars in taxes goes uncollected due to tax evasion.
- Enhance customer service for the citizens that live in BOE District 2 and have an open door policy between myself and the taxpayers of this State.
- Party: Peace and Freedom
- Occupation: Gardener
- Degree in Goverment/Journalism from California State University in 1978
- Served as Vice-Chair of CSEA-CSU Unit 5 Bargining Council
- Treasurer of Health Care for All-Sacramento Valley Chapter
- CSUS Chapter 303 Union President
- Member of Board-State Employees Building Corporation
- Member-Peace and Freedom Sacramento County Central Committee
Willard Del Michlin
- Increase the tax rates on the wealthiest Californians and their corporations.
- Work to repeal corporate tax cuts enacted from 1980 to present
- Change state law to ALLOW disclosure of corporations who pay no state taxes
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Financial Consultant
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Board of Equalization
Campaign Finance Data
- Serves on the Board of Equalization, California’s elected tax
commission, a body that:
- Oversees the administration of over two dozen tax and fee
programs including sales and use, cigarette and tobacco,
alcohol and fuels tax.
- Serves as the appellate body for California income and
franchise tax cases.
- Oversees the administration of property tax statewide.
Secretary of State
Around the Capitol
Statements and Interviews
- Video Voter
- Under "State Board of Equalization", select your District, then candidate name to see a statement by participating candidates. Produced by Center for Governmental Studies. (2 min. each)
- Free AirTime Project
- Select "State Board of Equalization". Requires Adobe Flash and Windows Media Player. Produced by the California Channel. (about 10 min. each)
Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.