This is an archive of a past election.|
See http://www.smartvoter.org/ca/state/ for current information.
|California State Government||October 7, 2003 Election|
It's Easy to Balance the California Budget!
By George B. SchwartzmanCandidate for Recall of Gray Davis; State of California
This information is provided by the candidate
Through the elimination of waste, mismanagement, and the favoritism provided special interest groups, California can easily have a balanced budget.California can easily have a balanced budget. Without much rhetoric, here's how:
1) Eliminate $2,000,000,000 (that's two billion dollars folks) in annual Medi-Cal fraud.
2) Eliminate the egregiously excessive administrative and union supported waste that plagues our educational systems from elementary through our university level systems.
3) Require strict competitive bidding for state contracts.
4) Implement a prisoner work program enabling good behavior prisoners to work daytime hours outside prison, returning each night and weekend, utilizing earned income to pay their prison expenses. This can save $1,000,000,000 annually in prison expense.
5) Do not raise vehicle license fees, except to add a $1.00 per pound annual surcharge on vehicle license fees for non-commercial vehicles in excess of $4,500 pounds in curb weight, i.e. large sized SUVs.
6) Add a $2.00 per pack tax on cigarettes.
7) Eliminate the fat in the Workman's Compensation program.
8) Do not permit California tax and fee revenues to be utilized for the education and caring of undocumented immigrants.
There are no mysteries as to what caused the state's budget crisis. California needs to be run like a business, not as a special interest controlled taxpayer heist!
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| This Contest
October 2003 Home (Ballot Lookup) || About Smart Voter