League of Women Voters of California
Monterey County, CA
March 5, 2002 Election
Superintendent; Monterey County Schools Voter Information
Results as of Mar 18 6:22pm, 100.0% of Precincts Reporting (185/185)|
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Incumbent
- First member of his family to go to college, and earned dual bachelors degrees, a masters degree and his docterate from California universities
- As a teacher, worked with under-represented youth, incarcerated youth and adults, and secondary and college students
- He has served as a principal and assistant before being elected County Superintendentsuperintendent
- He was named Outstanding County Superintendent in 1995, and was honored by Hartnell College & San Jose State University as Distinguished Alumni
- Presented the Outstanding Public Service Award by the Farm Bureau.
- President of the California County Superintendents Association in 2001, and has been on the Boards of the Steinbeck Center & Panetta Institute
- Insure the fiscal solvency of our schools.
- Improve student achievement under new State mandates.
- Serve the schools, districts and students of Monterey County with honesty and concern.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|
Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
Created: April 19, 2002 16:47 PDT
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.