(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Judge of the Monterey County Superior Court
- Seven Years on the Monterey Bench
- Fourteen Years as a Civil Trial and Appellate Attorney
- Teacher, editor, library specialist, businesspeson
- J.D. Hastings College of Law, Order of the Coif
- B.A. and M.A. Stanford University
- Resident of Monterey County since 1954
Nancy W. (Wadley) Keough
- To uphold the law with integrity and independence
- To protect and safeguard our consitutional rights
- To treat everyone with respect and dignity
- Occupation: Attorney - 31 years legal experience
- Vietnam Veteran / Former Military Judge
- Former Judge Pro-Tem / Monterey County
- Past President / Monterey County Women Lawyers Assn.
- Past President, / Soroptimist Intl of the Monterey Peninsula
- Coordinator, Junior Wings Japanese Student Exchange Program
- Former Chair, Monterey County Community Services Commission
- Treating the public , including jurors, with respect they are due by all court personnel including judges.
- Ending the practice of judges' failing to disclose conflicts of interest.
- Ending the practices of closing the courts during pre-trial conferences where "deals" are struck in private.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- How do you judge a judicial candidate?
News and Analysis
- Candidates Forum
- At KAZU's Art Gallery, on Thursday, February 21, 2002. Starts at 7:06 p.m. and continues to 9. All candidates have confirmed their attendance. The Leagues of Women Voters of Monterey Peninsula and the Salinas Valley, KAZU and the Monterey County Bar Association are the co-sponsors. The forum will be moderated by the League. Tune to 90.3FM on your radio dial. On the internet? Go to http://www.kazu.org. Questions can be called in at 375-3082 or emailed in, as there is limited space in the room, which is at 167 Central Avenue in Pacific Grove. For questions, please contact Melissa Hlebasko at 656-9529.
- Candidates' Forum
- All candidates are confirmed to attend this forum. It is being held on Tuesday, February 26th at the National Steinbeck Center. This will be at the Downtown Salinas Rotary meeting at noon. The forum will be moderated by the League of Women Voters. You must CONFIRM your attendance by calling Brett Harrell at 751-7510. For information on the forum, contact Stephanie Loose at 757-2871.
Monterey County Herald
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.