(Vote for 3)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Carol J. Dutra-Vernaci
- Occupation: Tax Professional - EA
- Incumbent Council Member - 4 years
- Former Planning Commissioner - 4 years
- Former Redevelopment Advisory Committee Member - 9 years
- Former Tree and Landscape Review Board Member
- Former Budget Committee Member
- Past-President Union City Chamber of Commerce
- Land Use- Create a balance of land use to ensure a financially sound city, including much needed playing fields for our community.
- Transportation- Build a transit village and transit hub around the B.A.R.T. station and Route 84 parkway.
- Affordable Housing - Build more rental and ownership units.
- Occupation: Executive Director, Spectrum Community Services
- Masters' Public Administration
- Board Member, Materials for the Future Foundation
- Board Member, St. Rose Hospital
- Founder, Union City Science Festival
- Founder, TRI-CED Community Recycling
Manuel "Manny" Fernandez
- Sustainable and Quality development of Union City.
- High level of community service from all departments.
- Responsive and engaging city government.
- Occupation: Landscape Architect
John R. Tester
- Improvement on the quality of life in our community through sustained economic growth.
- A low crime rate and quick response times by Police and Fire departments
- Increase and expand athletic sites and public parks within our community.
- Occupation: Business Owner
- Chairman, Parks & Recreation Commission
- President, Little League Baseball
- Member, Skate Park Action Committee
- Member, Friends of Union City Foundation
- Member, Sports Advisory Committee
- Member, Volunteer Recognition Committee
- A voice for youth and youth services on the City Council
- Transportaion, retail development, parks, playgrounds and open space
- The build out of Union City
- Occupation: Planning Commissioner
- Bachelor and Masters Degree in Business Administration
- Arts Council Member
- Alameda County Public Health Advisory Board
- Founder and President, Union City Historical Museum
- Alameda County Retired county Manager
- Distinguished Toastmaster ( DTM )
- City's Financial Health
- Affordable Housing
- Needs of the diverse community
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
LWV of Fremont, Newark and Union City Candidate
News and Analysis
- Monday, October 8, 7:30 PM
- at Union City City Council Chambers
- 34009 Alvarado-Niles Road
- Union City
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- The Argus
Candidates Split on Mill Property