(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: State Senator, District 9
- Public School Teacher
- Alameda County Supervisor
- State Assemblyman 16th District
- B.A. Theology, Saint Mary's College, CA
Linda J. Marshall
- Public Education Reform
- Health Care
- Gun Control
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Graphic Artist
- Provided a home-school education for my youngest son for 10 years
- Assisted in my husband's printing business for 20+ years
- Designed and renovated/remodeled our home
James M. "Jim" Eyer
- Maintain liberty guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution
- Ensure equal rights without granting "special privileges"
- Continue to require a 2/3 voter approval for all tax increases
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Consulting Scientist/Economist
- Scientific/Financial Software Development
- Advanced Electric Power Research
- Renwable Energy Research
- B.A. Physics and Management, Sonoma State University
- M.A. Business and Economics, Sonoma State University
- Reversing escalating but incremental erosion of citizens' liberties.
- Accountability and incentives for excellence in government schools.
- Catalyze new solutions for California's transportation and water infrastructures.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
League of Women Voters
- On all candidates
- Browse the page to find list of candidates for District 9. Then find Biographies, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT, Special Interest Groups, Voting Records where available.
KQED/FM 88.5 Forum
LWV Candidates Forum
Friday, October 27, 8:05 PM
City Hall - Oakland, Hearing Room 1
Sponsored by the Leagues of Women Voters of Oakland; Alameda; and Piedmont.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
Voters are invited to come and submit questions for the candidates.
Broadcast live on KTOP, Cable Channel 10; rebroadcast before the November 7 election. Click here for KTOP schedule: http://oaklandnet.com/community/ktop2.html