(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: State Assemblyman/Educator
- Assembly Member since 1996
- Contra Costa County Supervisor for 16 years
- Teacher for 10 years and Cross-Country Coach for 25 years
- Chair of the Assembly Transportation Committee
- Chair of the Select Committee on Jobs Housing Balance
- Co-Chair of the Local Government Caucus
- Reducing gun violence
- Improving our schools
- Decreasing traffic congestion
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: State Senator
- Elected to CA State Senate, 1996
- State Assemblyman, 1992-96
- Sheriff of Contra Costa County, 1978-92
- Deputy Sheriff, 1964-1978
- Party: Natural Law
- Occupation: Business Manager/Teacher
- Crime Research Assistant -- 1993
- Stress Management & Human Potential Development Instructor -- 23 years
- Small Business Manager -- 14 years
- Local Resident -- 16 years
- California Native
- Married 20 years to naturalized citizen, 1 daughter
- Reduce Violent Crime by 20% -- Guaranteed
- Implement Criminal and Drug Abuse Rehabilitation that WORKS
- Use the savings to build up our Educational System -- Tuition FREE College
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
League of Women Voters
- On all candidates
- Browse the page to find list of candidates for District 7. Then find Biographies, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT, Special Interest Groups, Voting Records where available.
KQED/FM 88.5 Forum
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.