(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Thomas "Rico" Oller
Thomas "Tom" Romero
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Businessman/State Legislator
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Public School Educator
- B.A. CSU Los Angeles-Major History, Minor Mandarin Chinese,M.A. CSU Dominguez Hills-Humanities, Certified in Labor-Management Relations, U.C.Davis
- Regional Director for the California Democratic Party--responsible for 20 northern counties
- Member and President of American Federation of Teachers Local 2267, AFL-CIO
- Parking and Traffic Commissioner Town of Loomis
- Member Southern Poverty Law Center
- Member Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Support improvement in public education--opposed to vouchers and privatization of public schools
- Strengthening the economy of California--nationally and internationally
- Health Care Reform--support system such as "Single Payer Fee For Service"
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Computer Consultant
- B.S. and M.S. from Stanford University
- Past Economic Development Commissioner
- Past corporate project manager
- Member/officer of many community org's
- Married to Marianne, 7 kids, 7 grandkids
- Solve concerns at local levels, avoid state interference
- Blend time-tested communication with modern technology
- Require sunset clauses in all legislation and agencies
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
League of Women Voters
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- On all candidates
- Browse the page to find list of candidates for District 1. Then find Biographies, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT, Special Interest Groups, Voting Records where available.