(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Member of the California State Assembly, 78th District
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Retired Surgeon/Businessman
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Research Scientist
- Elected Member, Libertarian County Central Committee, 2000-2002
- San Diego County director, American Medical Marijuana Association
- "Green" Libertarian
- President, Las Casas de Juan Homeowners' Association
- Past Co-Chair, Front Runners San Diego
- Member of Pacific Beach, Ocean Beach, Clairemont and La Jolla Town Councils
- Implement statewide guidelines for enforcement of the Compassionate Use Act of 1996 (medical marijuana; formerly Proposition 215)
- Civil asset forfeiture reform / end prosecution of victimless crimes
- Defend ALL of our constitutionally protected civil liberties
- Party: Natural Law
- Occupation: Businessman
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
League of Women Voters
News and Analysis
- On all candidates
- Browse the page to find list of candidates for Assembly District 78. Then find Biographies, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT, Special Interest Groups, Voting Records where available.
San Diego Union Tribune
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.