(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Jay La Suer
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Councilman, City of La Mesa
- BA, San Diego State University
- Graduate, FBI National Academy
- Retired Undersheriff, San Diego County, 31 year law enforcement career
- Lifetime Teaching Credential,CA Community Colleges
- Served in 101st Airborne Division, U.S. Army, Honorably Discharged
- Member, Board of Directors, Metropolitan Transit Developement Board
- Taxes. Reducing taxes on all citizens & preventing new taxes
- Education. Money spent on education needs to go to the classroom, not to administration
- Crime. Strongly supports "Three Strikes" law, Use a Gun, Go to Prision
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Deputy Mayor, City of El Cajon
- BA from San Diego State University
- Married, wife Erin
- Stepson, Andrew
- Owner/operator small business; 10 years
- Retail Manager
Michael S. Metti
- Education. Strong supporter of free public education to all students.
- Health Care. Medical decisions should be made by Doctors, not accountants.
- Public Safety. Support the men and women who daily put their lives on the line.
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Parent/Educator/Businessman
- Test & Balance Engineer 1980 - 1998
- Sheet Metal Journeyman 1976
- International Businessman
- Tax Consolidation, Tax Reduction
- Separating Education & State
- Victim Restitution
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
League of Women Voters
News and Analysis
- On all candidates
- Browse the page to find list of candidates for Assembly District 77. Then find Biographies, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT, Special Interest Groups, Voting Records where available.
KPBS Public Broadcasting
San Diego Union Tribune
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.