(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Businessman
- Founder and Chairman of SAAB of Orange County
- Founder and former chairman of Saturn of Orange County, pioneered such innovations as one-price selling of cars and improved customer service
- Certified Public Accountant, formerly with Ernst & Young in Los Angeles
- Current Chairman of Orange County Overall Economic Development Committee
- Bachelor of Arts degree in economics from University of California at L.A. and a masters degree in business taxation from the University of So. Cal.
- 4th generation Californian, married 20 years with two children in public schools.
Merritt Lori McKeon, Esq.
- Protect our next Gold Rush, High Technology, from regulation and taxation
- Give parents and teachers more control over their public schools
- Taxes are too high and can be simplified and reduced
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Attorney At Law
- Mother of 3 sons
- author of STOP DOMESTIC VIOLENCE: AN ACTION PLAN FOR SAVING LIVES
- Adjunct Law Professor
- Master of Arts, New York University
- Law Degree, Cardozo School of Law, New York
- Native of Orange County (Newport Beach, Laguna Beach)
- Environmental issues, including Ocean Pollution and stopping El Toro Airport
- Education - improving public schools for our children and our own future
- Health Care issues including affordable insurance and HMO reform
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Aerospace Test Technician
- Bob has worked in the Aerospace Testing Industry for over 15 years. He has qualified components and sub-systems used for the defense of the U.S..
- Bob lives in the city of Laguna Hills with his wife Anna.
- Bob has lived in the 70th District for 10 years and understands the problems facing the people in this district.
- Bob has been a registered Libertarian since 1992 and has been actively involved in promoting the Libertarian philosophy.
- Bob has received the "Lights of Liberty" award from the Libertarian Party for his outreach efforts.
- Bob has been appointed by the Libertarian Party of Orange County as a representative to the Laguna Hills City Council.
Barry L. Katz
- Taxes are robbing us of our freedom. Bob will vote against all tax increases and will work to repeal the state income tax.
- The "War on Drugs" is a major failure and should be ended. Prohibition has created a black market for drugs and is the #1 reason for crime.
- An airport at El Toro would be unsafe, unnecessary and a burden on tax payers. Bob will continue his fight to stop the airport.
Raymond O. Mills
- Party: Natural Law
- Occupation: Management Consultant
- Phone: 714-225-9796; Addr: 1083 Walnut Street, Tustin, CA 92780; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Party: Reform
- Occupation: Personal Transportation Facilitator (Taxi Driver)
- Secretary, Reform Party of California
- Cheap campaigns
- Fair campaigns
- Elimination of victimless crimes
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
League of Women Voters
News and Analysis
- On all candidates
- Browse the page to find list of candidates for Assembly District 70. Then find Biographies, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT, Special Interest Groups, Voting Records where available.
Orange County Register
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.