(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Businesswoman/Tracy Councilwoman
- As a Democratic businesswoman, I will work for a stronger economy with better wages and "no-new-taxes" fiscal policies.
- I was elected to the Tracy City Council in 1991 where I've advocated for better police and fire services.
- As a Councilwoman, I fought for better planning and made sure developers paid for new schools.
- I've stood up against illegal gun sales on public property and have been a leader against domestic violence.
- I serve on the Economic Development Committee, the Tracy Investment Committee, and the San Joaquin County Waste Management Task Force.
- With a background in business, I'll fight to cut unnecessary sales taxes and to stop wasting government money.
- Education reforms are needed to send our tax dollars directly into classrooms. We must also guarantee kids' safety at school.
- As a businesswoman, I know it's imperative to attract more higher wage jobs to the Central Valley.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Businessman/School Trustee
- School Board Trustee, Lincoln Unified School District
- Businessman, family business
- Member, San Joaquin A+ (literacy organization)
- Commissioner, San Joaquin County Parks and Recreation Committee
- J.D. 1993 McGeorge School of Law
- B.S. 1986 University of Southern California
Roy W. Busch
- Education: The future of America depends on each child being educated to their highest potential. Parents and schools must have more local control.
- Health Care: San Joaquin County has a serious problem with childhood asthma that I will work to remedy through prevention and access to care.
- Agriculture: I will work to keep our water here, protect our property rights, and eradicate the glassy-winged sharpshooter.
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Engineering Associate
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
League of Women Voters
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- On all candidates
- Browse the page to find list of candidates for Assembly District 17. Then find Biographies, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT, Special Interest Groups, Voting Records where available.