(Vote for 3)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: Retired Entrepreneur
- Resident of the Town with wife, Jan, for 13 years; previously in Palo Alto for 23 years
- PhD Electrical Engineering, Stanford University
- Founder and CEO of two Silicon Valley telecommunications companies
- Member, Los Altos Hills Utility and Information Systems Committee
- Year 2000 Recipient, The Josephine and Frank Duveneck Humanitarian Award
- Recipient, Distinguished Engineer Award, Purdue University
- Underground Utility Wires
- Improve Park and Recreation Facilities and Programs
- Build a strong Town Staff
- Occupation: Financial Manager
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of two public companies
- Tresurer for Friends of Westwind (Town owned) 1996-2000
- Managed two corporate United Way campaigns
- MBA from Stanford University
- BS from University of Virginia
- Improve efficiency and responsiveness of municipal government
- Building codes and planning process applied evenly to all residents. Keep one acre minimum
- Effective maintenance and improvement of existing pathways
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Los Altos Hills Planning Commissioner 1991-99, chair 1998-99.
- Los Altos-Los Altos Hills Joint Volunteer Award Committee Member 1990-91.
- Board Member, Self-Help for the Elderly 1989-present.
- Founder, Scholarship Endowment Fund for the Hong Kong Schools Alumni Association.
- Los Altos Hills "Spirit of the Hills" Committee Member 1989, 1990, 1991 & 1999.
Sandra L. "Sandy" Humphries
- Continued Support of Parks & Recreation Committee.
- Improved Building Process.
- Improved Pathway Management.
- Occupation: Interiorscape Business Owner
- Attended Ohio State and Kent State Universities in Ohio, majoring in Pre-nursing and liberal arts
- Chairman of The American Womens Association, Singapore responsible for volunteer needs of 36 agencies
- Trained listener for suicide hot line SOS, Singapore
- Environmental Design and Protection Committee member for the past 4 years, Los Altos Hills
- EDPC's Representative to all Planning Commission Meetings for the past 4 years, Los Altos Hills
- Land Use Committee member in the Town of Los Altos Hills
Evan T. Wythe
- Use Smart Planning - Utilize the incorporation of the health, safety and environmental needs into the planning process.
- Develope programs and activities that help unite, educate and celebrate our ethnic diversities.
- Maintain one acre minimums,preserve single family dwellings, maintain & protect Westwind Barn and Byrne Preserve as essential recreation open space
- Occupation: Emergency Room Physician
- Utility and Information Committee, Los Altos Hills 1998-2000
- Land Use Elements Committee, Los Altos Hills 1999-2000
- President, Los Altos Hills Civic Association 1999-2000, and founding member 1997
- Los Altos Hills "Spirit of the Hills" Committee Member 1999
- Apply our Town municipal code and ordinances in a fair, objective, and consistent manner to all residents.
- Televise City Council and Planning Commission Meetings to keep residents informed on Town issues.
- Plan and implement Town-wide utility and infrastructure improvements to meet the technology demands of the 21st century.
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The Los Altos - Mountain View League of Women Voters has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Vision, Building design, and Short term issues.
News and Analysis
- City Council Candidates Forum
- Wednesday, October 18
7:30 to 9:00 pm
Los Altos Hills Council Chambers
26379 Fremond Rd, Los Altos Hills
- Watch Forum Online
- (requires MS Media Player)
Los Altos Town Crier
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.