(Vote for 5)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Carol L. Fisher
- Occupation: President, Mountain View School District Board of Trustees
- Member of the Joint Committee on School District Reorganization
- 8 years of engineering and management experience at Hewlett Packard
- Parent of two children currently attending MVSD schools
- B.S. chemical engineering, Stanford University; MBA, Cornell University
Rose Marie Filicetti
- Have all students in the merged district read, write, and use math at their grade level or above
- Have the merged district communicate effectively and work collaboratively with the community to meet our educational goals
- Have a smooth integration of all facets of district operations during the implementation of the merger
- Occupation: Governing Board Member, Mountain View School District
- Occupation: Executive Director, Santa Clara County School Boards Association
- Member, Joint Boards Merger Study Team
- Member, Whisman and Mountain View Strategic Planning Teams
- Co-Chair, successful 1998 MVSD School Bond Campaign
- Parent of a Slater Third Grader, a Huff Fifth Grader, and a Graham Graduate
- MBA, Finance and Banking; Former Corporate Banker, 15 years
Juan C. Aranda, Jr.
- Connecting people and resources to build our community-wide vision for education
- Promotion of the best people, programs, and practices to achieve the high academic standards set for all students
- Smaller classes and campuses and choices of schools and programs
- Occupation: Governing Board Member, Whisman School District
- Governing Board Member Whisman School District
- Parent of a fourth grader at Theuerkauf and sixth grader at Crittenden
- Retired - State Board of Equalization - Business Taxes
- Previously Director of Independent Union of Public Service Employees
- Master of Philosophy in Management
Frances R. "Fran" Kruss
- Integration of Programs and Curriculum from Merged Districts
- Provide the best opportunity in education in our District for your child
- Fulfill expectations of the Community, Board, Parents and Administration
- Occupation: Registered Nurse
- Elected - Whisman School District Board, 4/90 and 11/94
- Recently appointed Whisman School District (WSD) Board 10/99
- Past Board President, Vice President, and Clerk
- Community Health Awareness Council (CHAC), Board of Directors
- Santa Clara County School Boards Assoc., WSD Representative for two years 1997 & 1998
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses member 1972 to present. Critical-Care Nurse for over twenty years
Russell W. "Russ" Wood
- To prepare students to be successful, schools must be guided by: 1.) A philosophy that puts the needs of students first.
- 2.)Have goals that set the educational agenda for the district. And 3.) Have comprehensive plans to fully develope all students' capabilities.
- Have the philosophy, goals, and plans clearly articulated and regularly reviewed.
- Occupation: Application Engineering Manager
- Parent with daughters in 2nd and 6th grade.
- Former school site council member.
- Current PTA member and secretary.
- 40-year resident of Mountain View.
- BS in Business Administration, Cal Poly, SLO
Joseph S. "Joe" Kleitman
- Open communication between community and school district board.
- Effective implementation and evaluation of major board decisions.
- Representation of all students in Mountain View.
- Occupation: Realtor
- Former Mayor, Councilmember
- Father of 3 children - all enrolled in district
- Chair - Huff PTA Formation Committee
- Champion for Children in Mountain View
Deborah K. Walkup
- Increasing educational opportunities for all pupils in the district
- Creating a parent friendly board of trustees and administration
- Bringing "good government" practices to the board of trustees
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The Los Altos - Mountain View League of Women Voters has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Harmonious merger, Vision for new district, and Why a candidate.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Candidates Forum
- October 17, 7 to 9 PM
1625 San Luis Ave.