League of Women Voters of California
Santa Clara County, CA
November 7, 2000 Election
Judge of the Superior Court; County of Santa Clara; Office 2 Voter Information
Results as of Dec 5 2:50pm, 100.0% of Precincts Reporting (1341/1341)|
(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: Santa Clara County Government Attorney
- 15 years legal experience; over 13 years experience in criminal law
- Argued successfully before the California Supreme Court
- Worked hard to ensure fair treatment of the mentally ill and develop treatment alternatives
- Instrumental in reducing felony drugs cases awaiting trial and the rehabilitation of nonviolent drug offenders
- Appeared in PBS broadcast "Crime & Punishment in America"
- Graduated Santa Clara University Law School and Admitted to Bar, 1985
John G. Schroeder
- Dedication to fairness
- Restoration of public confidence in the judicial system
- Increased accessibility to the courts
- Occupation: Superior Court Commissioner
- Law Degree from Arizona State Univeresity (1974)
- B.S. Economics form Santa Clara University (1972)
- Proven Judicial Experience
- 1997-Present Superior Court Commissioner
- 1993-1996 Family Court Settlement Officer
- Judge Pro-Tempore since 1985
- Managing Increasing Calender Caselodes
- Increasing of Judicial Resources
- Providing high quality services that insure justice
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
LWV Palo Alto
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Candidates Forum
- October 19, 7 to 9 PM
City Council Chambers
Mountain View City Hall
500 Castro Street,
Home (Ballot Lookup)
About Smart Voter
Created: January 25, 2001 02:38
Smart Voter 2000 <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
Copyright © 2000
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.