League of Women Voters of California
Kern County, CA
November 7, 2000 Election
Mayor; City of California City Voter Information
2 Year Term.
Results as of Nov 10 16:30, 100.0% of Precincts Reporting (9/9)|
63.8% Voter Turnout (2779/4358)
(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
(This candidate has not responded to SmartVoter)
- Occupation: Paralegal
- Business Consultant
- Office Management
Karen L. Benson
- Clean up and code enforcement of California City.
- Promote Tourism
- Repair and improve our parks and recreation
- Occupation: Administrative Contracting Officer
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Treasurer of East Kern Historical Museum Society
- Former Vice Mayor of California City
- Former Chair of Redevelopment Agency California City
- Former Voting Delegate to California League of Cities
- Former City Representative to Kern Council Of Governments
- Bring a Supermarket to the City
- Bring Industrial and Commercial Businesses to the City
- Strive for further highway improvements
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|
Home (Ballot Lookup)
About Smart Voter
Created: January 25, 2001 02:36
Smart Voter 2000 <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
Copyright © 2000
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.