(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Willie B. (Williams) Kennedy
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Former San Francisco Supervisor (15 years)
- EX: Golden Gate Bridge,Highway & Transportation District
- Ex: Pres. S.F. Transportation Authority
- BA Degree 1975, S.F. State University
- Capitol Corridor Joint Powers Board, present
- Keep BART fiscally stable, safe, clean, dependable
- Seismic work; Parking; Transit Villages; Complete BART to S.F. Airport
- Keep ridership up; completing renovation of entire system, elevators & escalotars
- Occupation: Information Systems Engineer
- B.S. Mathematics, University of Oregon
Chris P. Housh
- Improved Service Quality through continuous process improvements.
- Cost Effective Operations by applying sound business decision making.
- The Elimination of Tax Subsidies, by opposing new and renewed sales taxes.
- Occupation: Waiter
- Member of Commonwealth Club and Film Arts Foundation
- BART rider (do not own a car)
- aspiring screenwriter
- Make BART run till 2 AM
- High Levels of performance by system and employees
- More service for the Richmond line to SF and Fremont (no reason for us to be shut down by 8PM and most of the weekend)
(This candidate has been invited to participate in Smart Voter but had not responded as of this date.)
- Occupation: Business Person
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- Candidates' Forum
Monday, October 23, 7:45 PM
City Hall - Oakland, Hearing Room 1
Sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Oakland
Voters are invited to come and submit questions for the candidates.
Broadcast live on KTOP, Cable Channel 10; rebroadcast before the November 7 election.
- Click here for KTOP schedule
The Oakland Tribune
San Francisco Chronicle
Contra Costa Times
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- BART's Web Page