League of Women Voters of California
Alameda, Contra Costa County, CA
November 7, 2000 Election
Director; San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District; District 3 Voter Information
Results as of Dec 5 10:02, 100.0% of Precincts Reporting (257/257)|
(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: Professional Transportation Engineer
- Retired City Traffic Engineer
- Incumbent BART Boardmember, Elected twice
- Registered Engineer, CE #11,630 ; 1958
- Former AC Transit Boardmember. Elected 6 times
- Former Boardmember on State Board of Registration for Professional Engineer
- President on Institute for Transportation of Amer. Public Works Assoc.
Alan C. Johnson
- Resolve BART parking with balanced access reflecting equity & our environment
- Work with communities for Sustainable Developments around BART stations
- Spend BART funds based on need; Seismic Retrofit, system rehab before Extensions
(This candidate has been invited to participate in Smart Voter but had not responded as of this date.)
- Occupation: Retired Dispatcher
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- Candidate's Appearance
- Monday, October 23, 8:50 PM
Hearing Room One, City Hall Oakland
Sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Oakland
- This event will be televised live on KTOP, Cable Channel 10 and rebroadcast before the November 7 election.
- Click here for KTOP schedule
The Oakland Tribune
San Francisco Chronicle
Contra Costa Times
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- BART's Web Page
Home (Ballot Lookup)
About Smart Voter
Created: January 25, 2001 02:35
Smart Voter 2000 <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
Copyright © 2000
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.