(Vote for 4)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Retired School Administrator
- Occupation: Incumbent-School Board Trustee
- Gilroy School Board Trustee - 3 terms-First elected 2000
- Gilroy Unified Board President 2012-2013 and 2003-04
- President / CEO--Rosso's Furniture -36 Years
- Master's in Governance- Calif. School Board Association 2005
- Loyola University-Business Adminstration-1972-74
- Community Hero Award-Youth Alliance 2013
Heather R (Hendrickson) Bass
- Meeting the needs of ALL students-Improving Student Achievement and Success for all
- Accountable District Leadership at all levels supporting teachers helping every student achieve their full potential
- Accountability for Facilities Master Plan and Effective Technology Plan
- Occupation: Special Education Teacher
- Masters in Educational leadership
- MBA, marketing and Pacific Rim studies
- Teacher of the Year, 1014 Santa Clara County Office of Education
- Teacher in Charge, Gateway School 2008-2014
- Represent the needs of Parents, Teachers and Classified workers
- A resource for Special Education best practice and policy
- Respect and support for students who choose trade careers over 4 year college
- Occupation: Incumbent GUSD Board of Education
- educator for 32 years
- 28 years in GUSD
- 14 years as an elementary teacher
- 14 years as a principal at elementary level
- served on GUSD Board 2004-2008; 2012-2014
- Instructional Leader in Language Arts programs
- A variety of educational options for parents and students
- Academic rigor and expectations at all levels
- Continuous district-wide development of technology and facilities
- Occupation: Governing Board Member, Gilroy Unified School District
- We have lived in Gilroy for 31 years actively supporting the schools and the arts.
- Our six children attended Gilroy public schools.
- Three grandchildren attend Gilroy public schools
- Bachelor of Science from the University of San Francisco.
- Served in the United States Marine Corps.
- Retired software engineer and program manager
- Improve academic performance; focus on excellence in all areas to create a school district that Gilroy can be proud of.
- Attract and retain outstanding teachers; create a climate of excitement for teachers, students and parents.
- Focus the school district to demonstrate fiscal responsibility and be responsive to the voices of the parents, teachers, and students.
- Occupation: Incumbent/Teacher
- UC Santa Cruz; BA, English Literature
- Gavilan College; AA, Spanish
- Karl S. Pister Leadership Opportunity Award Winner, 2005
- Associated Student Body President; Gavilan College, 2005
- Partnering with nearby colleges, to structure our high school curriculum to reflect the academic standard maintained in the college classroom
- Redeveloping the traditional vocational classes into training programs for the technology industry.
- Reviewing the concept of punitive consequences for truancy infractions, and focusing on community service as an alternative to Saturday schools.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The Leagues of Women Voters of Santa Clara County has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Funding, Curriculum, and Goals.
- How to Choose a School Board Candidate: What Every Voter Should Know
News and Analysis
- October 4, 2014; 3PM
Gilroy Library Community Room (2nd floor)
350 West Sixth Street, Gilroy
Sponsored by the League of Women Voters & the American Association of University Women
Candidate Forum Flyer
Google News Search
- About this race
- Note: This link to an external resource is offered strictly as a convenience for users interested in coverage by outside news organizations. The content is provided by organizations unaffiliated with Smart Voter and its partners, and no endorsement of any views expressed or guarantee of its accuracy is intended or implied.
- Article - "Four seats, six candidates for GUSD Board"
- Gilroy Unified School District
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.