(Vote for 3)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
James T. "Jim" Lott
Calvin H.A. Robinson
- Occupation: Teacher
- Former Army Captain, Military Intelligence
Albert S. Beattie, Sr.
- Greater accountability in the budget
- Recruit qualified teachers from within CA, and stop recruiting outside CA
- Improve communication with the public and involve more people in the decision making process.
- Occupation: Business Owner/Teacher
- BA Degree and Secondary Credential Cal State Los Angeles
- Post Certified Uniform Reserve Deputy Sheriff, Los Angeles County for 25 years
- Appointed to City of Palmdale Mobilehome Rent Review Board past 6 years
- Appointed to the Lancaster State Prison Civilian Review Board By Senator Pete Knight past 2 years
- President of the Palmdale Education Foundation 2001/2002
- Member Board of Director Palmdale Chamber of Commerce past 6 years
Cheryl L. Lundgren
- Solving the student housing problem by all means available, before asking voters to approve new Bond Issues
- Mandated StateTests to match State Mandated Curriculum.
- District spending policies to reflect the highest priority on the classroom.
- Occupation: Director of Business and Operations
- Visual and Performing Arts Council - Board Representative
- Antelope Valley High Schools Education Foundation - Board Representative
- Board Member - AVUHSD since December, 1999
- Room Mom, Dance Team Mom, Girl Scout Leader
- PTA Member
Brett A. Nelson, Sr.
- Defining educational goals for the 21st Century
- Importance of visual and performing arts in every child's education
- An Individualized Education Plan for each student
- Occupation: restaurant owner
- current president of the board
- member, board of directors of the sheriff boosters
- local businessman recognized by city for charity work
- married father of 5
Richard L. Cook
- build schools to house all our students
- hire more qualified teachers
- get better parent involvement
- Occupation: Public education custodian
- President Parent's For Accountability
- Parent right's consultant
- Ex volunteer case-aid worker
- Ex PTA President
- Public education advocate
- More schools should be built with better management of public funds
- The school board meetings should be televised to open the actions to public scrunity.
- School board policies should be posted on the internet and made available to all parents at their school sites for reasearch.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- District Website
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- District Profile from greatschools.net