(Vote for 3)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: Whittier Business Owner
- Chairman of Measure W passed in March of 2000.
- Member of the Whittier Village Children's Center Board of Directors.
- Graduate of the University of Southern California in the field of finance
- Owner of Hendersons, Inc., a local business.
- Member of the Hoover Parent Faculty Organization.
- Lifetime resident and community member.
John L. Peel
George M. Prather
- Expand after-school tutoring programs to include all children at every academic level.
- Rebuild community trust in the school site selection process by listing to citizen input.
- Boost pride in our schools by supporting our teachers and upgrading campuses.
- Occupation: educational research analyst
- Chief of the Office of Institutional Research & Information, Los Angeles Community Colleges
- Ph.D. in Political Science, UCLA
- Co-Chair, Successful 1996 School Bond Campaign
- Past Vice-President, Whittier Conservancy
- Past Co-Chair, Whittier Community Coordinating Committee
- Peace Corps Volunteer, 1964-66
Irma De La Rosa
- Restore Community Respect for the Board so that we can mobilize community resources for school improvement.
- Recruit and Retain High Quality Teachers
- Focus on Developing Solid Reading and Math Skills in the Earliest Grades
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- District Website
- District Profile from
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Candidate Forum Moderated by League of Women Voters of Whittier
- Wednesday October 24, 7:00pm (followed by Rio Hondo Board of Trustees, Area 3, at 8:30pm); Whittier City Hall Council Chambers, 13230 Penn St., Whittier; info - Margo Reeg, 562/947-3634