(Vote for 3)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
John A. Avila
Candelario J. "Cande" Mendoza
- Occupation: City Planner, City of Montclair
- Bachelor of Science, Urban & Regional Planning, Cal Poly Pomona
- Governing Board Member, Pomona Unified School District, 1997-present (Board President, December 2000-present)
- City of Pomona Planning Commission, 1991-97
- Diamond Ranch HS Planning Advisory Committee, 1994-97
- Member, Pomona Heritage
- Ensure that our students are adequately prepared to pass the High School Exit Exam
- Continue to improve and enhance "vertical" academic coordination among our elementary, middle and high schools
- Provide a diverse offering of classes and activities to students, including Honors and AP courses, and the newly-established Village Academy HS
- Occupation: College Counselor, Cal Poly Pomona
- Pomona Unified School District Alumni, 24 year Resident
- Masters of Public Administration, University of La Verne, December 2001
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Cal Poly Pomona, June 1999
- US Marine Corps 1992-1996, Sergeant
- Serves on the California Student Opportunity & Access Program Board (Cal SOAP)
- Navy Achievement Medal (1994), Navy-Marine Corps Medal (1995)
Harold A. "Hal" Jackson, Jr.
- Preparing Students for Higher Education will be my top priority
- Improving our Schools and Providing After School Programs will provide our youth with a healthy and safe environment
- Building Collaborations/Partnerships with the Community are essential in Educating the children of Pomona Unified School District
- Occupation: Coordinator of External Relations, Cal Poly Pomona
- Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering, Cal Poly Pomona
- Master of Arts, Education, Cal Poly Pomona, December 2001
- Cal Poly Pomona Downtown Center Advisory Board Member
- Pomona Youth Education Motivation Program Board Member
- Statewide Youth Leadership Board Member
- Former College Admissions Counselor, Cal Poly Pomona
- Preparing students for college and the workforce (I believe that all students can succeed and enter college)
- Build partnerships with colleges, businesses and parents (working together we can prepare all students to have a better future)
- Provide after school school and enrichment programs
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- District Website
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- District Profile from greatschools.org