(Vote for 2)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Bruce A Carter
- Occupation: College Dean, Geology Professor
- B.S, M.S. and PhD in Geology, California Institute of Technology
- Founder and Board Member of the Monrovia Old House Preservation Group
- Regional Director, Calif. School Boards Association
- Dean of Natural Sciences, Pasadena City College
- About 30 professional publications
- Past Chair, San Gabriel Valley Education Coalition
Monina Antonia Diaz
- Improving academic performance of all kids
- Increasing college attendance rates of MHS graduates
- Hiring, training and keeping top-quality teachers
- Occupation: Educational Consultant
- B.A. in the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Princeton University
- Appointed School Board Member out of a field of 7 candidates
- Thesis focus: school reform, comparing U.S. education policy with immigrant education policy in France
- Monrovia High School, Class of 1994
- Also attended Wildrose Elementary and Clifton Middle Schools
Patrick F. Hauk
- Raising expectations and standards for ALL students
- Further partnerships with alumni, businesses, civic organizations, city government and community members
- Encourage parental involvement in student work at home and school
- Occupation: Teacher/Parent
- Monrovia High Class of 1979
- Citrus College A.A. in Liberal Arts
- California State University Los Angeles B.A. in Social Science
- Whittier College Studying Teacher Credential & M.A. in Education
Calvin R. Murphy, II
- Higher California Standardized Testing & Reporting ( S.T.A.R.) Scores
- Proactive Approach Regarding Safety & Security of our Students
- Professional Salaries for Teachers
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- District Website
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- District Profile from