(Vote for 4)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Marjorie A. Shipp
Barbara Jean Calhoun
Saul E. Lankster
Gorgonio Sanchez, Jr.
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Member CUSD Board of Trustee
- Served as President and Vice President
- 37th Congressional District Advisory Commission
- Eucharistic Minister - Our Lady of Victory
- Vice-President, Compton Local Planning Council
- Board of Directors, Regional Job Training Ctr.
- To Improve Academic Achievement
- To Improve Safety District-Wide
- To Improve Facilities Throughout the District
- Occupation: Works at Martin Luther King - Drew Hospital,
- Mae has lived in Compton for over 38 years.
- Mae has three children and 14 grandchildren, 11 of whom currently attend Compton schools.
- Member of the Board of Directors for SEIU Local 660 and shop steward
- On the Compton College Personnel Commission
- Active in many organizations in the community, from Democratic Clubs to Southern Area Clergy Council
- On the Centennial School Site Council and Advisory Board and is a Certified Parenting Facilitator
Carol Bradley Jordan
Alfonso "Al" Cabrera
E. Lavonne Johnson
Juan R. Mora
Willie Dewitt Carson
Otha Ray Scott
Joseph L. Lewis
Marketta "Keyda" Martin
Leon Charles Stephens
Toy Jackson Phillips
Willie M. Elston
- Ensuring that every student can reach their full potential by recruiting and maintaining dedicated and qualified teachers
- Creating a safe environment with improved infrastructure where students can learn
- Bringing together parents, students, teachers and certificated and classified employees to come up with joint solutions to the District's problems
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- District Website
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- District Profile from