(Vote for 3)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
David M. "Dave" Speak
- Occupation: Teacher
- Professor of Political Science and Former Department Chair, Cal Poly Pomona
- Father of 2 CUSD Grads and one current El Roble student
- Former two-term Chair CUSD District Advisory Committee
- Co-Chair 2 Recreation Assessment District Campaigns
- Finance Chair for recent Bond Issue
- Ten years of volunteering in Claremont Schools
Samuel L. "Sam" Mowbray, Ph.D.
- Form partnerships to meet student needs
- Teach students to access and assess information critically
- Assess student performance and programs realistically
- Occupation: Laboratory Manager, Orange County Sanitation District
- Ph.D. from UCLA in Microbiology/Molecular Biology
- Delegate Assembly, California School Boards Association
- Past President, LA County School Trustees
- Current Member of the Board of Trustees, Claremont Unified School District
- Prior Academic Appointments, Brown Univ, Smith College, UCLA
- Founder, Past President Claremont Education Network Foundation
Kris M. Meyer
Steven R. Markley
- Student Achievement is the top priority for education. We must assure that all children will learn the basics and become life-long learners.
- Lobby at the State level for adequate funding for education. Advocate for policies that will advance public education.
- Work to enable and empower parents and the "Whole Village" to make a difference in the education and life of children.
- Occupation: Assistant Principal
- Teacher for 8 years in the Cucamonga School District
- Former Mentor Teacher
- Former Vice-President and President of the Cucamonga School District
- Teacher of the Year for Rancho Cucamonga Middle School, Cucamonga School District, and San Bernardino County (2000)
- Traffic and Transportation Commissioner for the City of Claremont
- Board Member for the Claremont Education Network Foundation
- The bond money needs to be spent as it was intended
- A plan must be implemented to address traditionally disadvantaged students
- The pay scale for teachers and classified employees needs to competitive with surrounding districts
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- District Website
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- District Profile from greatschools.net