(Vote for 3)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
William L. "Bill" St Marie
- Occupation: Special Ed. Teacher
- Masters Degree in Special Education
- Administrative Services Credential
- President B.H.S. Alumni Association
- L.A. Co. Commission on Disabilities Award 98
Richard J. "Rich" Buonocore
- Educational excellence by keeping our quality, qualified teachers.
- Using our tax dollars to educate our children - eliminate waste.
- Keep our schools a safe, clean learning environment.
- Occupation: Labor Relations Manager & Director of Regulatory Compliance
- Lakewood and Bellflower resident for 20 years.
- Member, Mayfair High School Site Council. Former member, Esther Lindstrom Site Council.
- College graduate, earning both AA and BA degrees.
- Served in U.S. military--part of a military family spanning WWI to the present.
- Founder/chairman of TKD Student/Parent Association.
- Worked as an instructional aide. Wife, Fran, works as a BUSD instructional aide.
Paul L. Helzer
- Safety and security of students/employees AND hiring/retaining the most-qualified teachers to insure a QUALITY education for our students.
- Promoting communication among students, parents, and staff while insuring that all are treated respectfully and have a voice in the district.
- Seeking funding for programs like special education AND adoption of excellent programs like the new Head Start.
- Occupation: Chiropractor
- Doctor of Chiropractic
- PhD. Human Behavior
- Member Post Graduate Faculty LACC
- Past President Bellflower Lions Club
- PTA Honorary Service Award Recipient - 1999
Harold C. Carman
G. "Petie" Anderson
Karin A. Thompson
G. "Rick" Royse
Sonny Santa Ines
- Communication and Respect between Parents, Teachers, and Board Members.
- Over Crowding in Schools.
- Safety and Security in Schools.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- District Website
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- District Profile from greatschools.org