|San Joaquin County, CA||November 7, 2000 Election|
By Tim S. HernCandidate for City Council; City of Ripon
This information is provided by the candidate
Brief Outline of the five major issues that Tim Hern would work on to keep Ripon a Quality CommunityIn following my philosophy of "giving to community", I am running for the Ripon City Council to keep Ripon the QUALITY COMMUNITY that all us know and love. I believe in the political process of open debate which results in collaborative, informed, and professional community decisions. My approach would be to listen and work with all members of the community and the city council.
With honesty and integrity I would like to place emphasis for Ripon in the following areas:
- Evaluate and reduce the cap of maximum allowable building permits in any given year. - Ripon cannot grow so fast that it changes the character of the community.
- Develop recreation facilities. - I will be an advocate for the needs of youth and recreation in the community.
- Attract quality businesses to our business enterprise areas - I will work towards attracting business that will bring employment to Ripon.
- Improve and maintain a vital downtown\improve parking. - Maintaining communication between city hall and downtown merchants will bring solutions and improvements.
- Support community-based, tax-exempt, nonprofit organizations. - Organizations that directly support Ripon seniors, children, families, vets, and those in need are the soul and backbone of a quality community.
|| This Contest
November 2000 Home (Ballot Lookup) || About Smart Voter